Jun 21, 2020

آخری خط -- The Last Letter

23-May-2020
1:15am


Dearest Matter of my Heart,
                                             I wish today, tonight I could have hugged you and tell you how much you mean to me. How much my little heart is filled with love for you. How much I look forward to seeing your face, and to be held by you at the airport. Above all, how ardent I am for you to become reality and drop the distance between us. 

Maybe, I am running how on emotions given what a painful and tragic day it was for both of us. Yet, the hardest for those who lost their loved ones in that fateful plane crash. You and I both are scheduled to travel sometime soon and that was the first thought that crossed my mind. 

During all the chaos, shown on the news, someone mentioned that the plane was just 1 minute away from the landing. Just one minute. Sixty seconds!

The world of those people and their families went upside down by one minute.

Life is so uncertain. So short. Uncontrollable and shocking. Slipping away from our hands without us paying attention.........and look at us! 
Wasting time, fighting for things which may mean nothing at the time of death or running after what is not meant for us. You and I often talk about our retirements. I want a life away in mountains, cooking from homegrown vegetables, baking fresh loaves of bread, spending my days in teaching children, and calling it a night after reading and writing to the content of my heart. 

You know, if all this comes true, my house will have a red color roof. 

I do not know our future or your intentions, but I know that everything can finish in one minute. Hence, I want to ask you, if everything goes well between us and if you wish, would you like to be with me when I turn 50 or 60 or even 70? Will you be willing to help me growing vegetables in the backyard? Would you like to read me your favorite poetry while we take a stroll? Will you watch with me the movies of my choice?

Would you like to be there?









Note: These are anonymous love letters shared with me to be published publicly. The sender was able to send the first four letters to her beloved but afterward, due to lockdown, it became impossible. Later, the writer of these letters chose to part her way. 



0 comments: