Jun 19, 2020

آٹھواں خط -- Eighth Letter

02-Apr-2020
12:45am 


Dear Not-So-Phantom,
                                    Thank you for suggesting that film. It was indeed, worth watching more than once. I can't believe, I missed it. Gotta be my crazy life, for sure. 

Alma was not in love. She was more of territorial, I believe. She wanted to own Woodcock without his own free will. What love is love, if it has no free will for the lover. When in love, you let the love be.


Anyway, it was a beautiful movie with a bitter script.


The days when I feel distant from you, are the days when I am certainly lost. So lost that I could not even decide if my tea tasted good enough. The distance had nothing to do with you, or us. There are times in my life when I lose my balance without a reason. I lose my sleep, my sanity, my focus, and everything. I never understood why but I know in those something bad was happening, or about to happen. Just something that I did not know in time.


This time, I learnt that I detest the distance between us.

The distance where I could not bring myself to kiss you before goodnight. I absolutely hated myself for this. Although, I know that you slept like a baby with or without my kiss.

It is just my own way to be there, even when we are thousands of mile apart!


I love the silence of the nights but they are equally scary to me. There is no daylight to put everything out for the naked eye. I am writing this letter from the small garden that we have at my place, while everyone else has fallen asleep.


This whole lockdown has given my city a feeling of graveyard like. No horns, no street lights, no cars, no random neighborhood noise, nothing. Just pin drop silence. 

All this makes my nights far more dreadful than I ever imagined. I wish you were here so I could feel the warmth of life next to me. 

The whole world is going through horrible times but I have someone so dear to hold on to.

My hope to meet you someday, somewhere makes me see the light at the end of the tunnel. At the back of my mind, I have my fears peeking through but for now, I want to bask in this hope. 

            Tumhari,

                        Munatzir!







Note: These are anonymous love letters shared with me to be published publicly. The sender was able to send the first four letters to her beloved but afterward, due to lockdown, it became impossible. Later, the writer of these letters chose to part her way. 

0 comments: