May 28, 2010

Au revoir

-->
Last year, for a week or so, my boss asked me to time-in at 9 which means to wake up much earlier than usual. I saluted those people who wake up early and embrace the polluted air, honking buses, side-hitting bikes, and long queues at the signal. I spent that week cursing drivers, pedestrians, and many other things and sighed thankfully when it ended.

For two consecutive years, I enjoyed the luxury of coming to work at 10 am. It’s the kind of time people wish for but to me, it knocked on my door itself. Waking up at 9 and snoozing alarm thrice has almost become a ritual that will no longer be followed.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, only time will tell.

Coming to the office when everyone else has already reached is a privilege in a hustling bustling metro. I hardly had to face traffic jams or wait in long queues for the signal to go green. The best part is I never felt like waking up at the same time as I did in academic days. There were ease and laziness both that prevailed.

But that is not all.

I will have to leave my comfort zone of alarm snoozing, social networking, news watching, boss bugging, team talking, and most importantly bullying. A lot of stuff happened but I escaped all only by wearing ID. I write this while getting info on renewing my driving license which I never bothered before. And yes, I will also miss the untimely buzz on my phone.

Things are always sweet & sour at work but it’s the sweetness that keeps us sane.

So I am hoping that when I bid my farewell, my tenure here forms into sugar cubes to keep me strong and going.




0 comments: