May 19, 2010

Ban Book



And finally the Facebook is banned in Pakistan till May 31st, 2010.

The order came from legislative level nationwide after much hype of created from Pakistani facebookers against "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day". Since morning the news was making rounds and now finally at 5:15 pm, I captured the image on my work desk. 

Hmph, I say we should have ignored these stupid people who are plain attention seekers. But then of all the countries, we pretend to be Muslim's Mecca (Sheikh do you hear me or busy at harem?)

According to my boss, this is a clear conspiracy to keep us away from technology, instead Pakistanis should have created an application or some event where we could draw these Dutch or cartoonists. 

On my end, I think its cruel to me. First Pak. govt. put ban till month end and from June 1st, I will have it ban in my new office. 

Poor me :(



Update May 20:  Wikipedia too is restricted and Facebook banned for indefinite period.

0 comments: