Jun 29, 2010

Comedy of Errors

There are times when one thing can have dual meanings and its makes the whole situation hilarious.
One fine my morning, my colleague opened her inbox and found a business email from Nigerian counter part, which opened like below:


Good Morning,


How was your night?


My colleague got confused and thought that other person might have done it by mistake. But, no, it was written in all good spirits.
Actually, this is how Nigerian asks about your well being. Though for us Pakistanis it’s little awkward, and we may feel offended. Our night spends are pretty personal and who asks about your night anyways; at least not in my part of the world.


Later sometime, I and few team mates were having after-lunch chat and discussing my Egyptian assignment and the Mummies. In between, my team mate popped up a statement saying “You will return becoming Mummy from there”. I was embarrassed and laughing hard at the same time and told her I hold no such plans.


Thankfully, my elders don’t get to know such comical conversations.

0 comments: