Mar 18, 2010

I value myself !!!

-->
Lately, I have been trying to freeze the world to avoid interruptions. Sadly, these interruptions don’t let me imagine the frozen world, let alone make it a reality.

Interruptions have variable meaning to everyone. For me, the most annoying disruption is from people who don’t put themselves in other shoes, yet not refrain from passing judgments. These people can be anyone from your family to friends to foes. They step on your feet and tell you it’s not painful at all and you must believe them.

During the last two years, I have learned my lesson a hard way about dealing with social pressures and how to cope up without taking any oral help. From left, right and center I witnessed people putting subliminal force on me for their own interest and in the end leaving it on me to choose. To their surprise, I chose what I wanted instead of giving into theirs.

One thing is for sure, no one can access your worth except your own self. Be it your parents, siblings, spouse, children, friends, etc, they all see yours through their own eyes and mind. People sometimes look up to me for strength and inspiration because I am a few of the females who stand up and fight for a right granted to them. I make some people jealous too. I am sure, I make them think that they are more miserable because they could not find the courage to come out of that misery.

I tell them it’s you who has to decide and take charge of your life. When all is good in your life, the social circle takes the credit by saying “US” and if it goes another way around, it simply becomes “YOU”. So if in the end, it’s always about you, be it you with whatever you choose not others.

Yesterday, I read a couplet behind a bus saying
Hoti jo muhabbat khoon kay rishton main,
Bikte na Yusuf, Misr kay bazaaron main.
(If there was any love in blood relation,
Prophet Yusuf would not have been sold
in markets of Egypt)

GOD must have sent us to this world to understand our being and value it.

So as long as we are alive, don’t be at others’ mercy, or you will be sold cheap. We cannot get as lucky as Hazrat Yusuf A.S. hence only our strength can lead us to our liberty from society and its unseen/unborn interests.

Whenever I start feeling low and question myself, I remind myself that am HIS creation, hence worth a lot more than anyone else could access.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

I cannot agree more with you. Women have to assess their worth to earn more respect in this society. My parents foresaw a completely different future for me. However, I struggled and today I am content with what I have. Now they understand that I was right.

Every person is unique and no one can understand you better… only yourself.

Kulsoom said...

Thanks Sonia.

You are right. One should never be disappointed in himself because that's where he/she surrender to unwanted and unworthy.