May 23, 2011

SOS




Last night, when my brother called me to inquire about the attack on PNS Mehran, I was least bothered. I told myself probably it is some minor attack etc. and will be dealt with ease. Soon enough, a friend from Islamabad messaged that what the hell is happening in Karachi. That message put me on alert and thought maybe it’s another stroke on the capability of our forces after Operation Geronimo.

Obviously, like the majority of Pakistanis, I too was furious on the Pakistan Navy and its lack of surveillance and response to terrorism. My eyes were fixed on news channels till 2:30 a.m. while remarking how lame our forces can be. Despite that we got our SSG commandos on ground, we failed to save the base and aircraft from mere 15 terrorists. Probably they were far more dedicated to their cause and faithful to their promises of terror as compared to our supreme forces.


Somehow as a nation, we have blind faith in our military capabilities and assume that they are the savior. In recent months, our faith is being tried and tested and probably we are on the verge of losing it. I so don’t want to lose it.
Being a Pakistani, I am proud of various things and one of them is our Pakistan Armed Forces. They have made us proud on various occasions, either it's Battle of Mogadishu or a War against Terrorism. We have buried over 3000 soldiers and continue to do so. In return for our blood and sweat, we have got increased insecurity and orphaned generations.

It is high time, Pakistan Armed Forced buck up to their promised passion and stand for the national sovereignty. We have always believed in you and have given you our fathers, brothers, sons, and husbands. We expect you to protect us from unseen as you are one of us but above us.

We wish you a long life with the hope that it will not be wasted in barracks while planning your retirement plots in DHA or NORE.

0 comments: