Apr 21, 2011

Dear Khurram,

Today it’s been 9 years; we buried you 6 feet under.
If I say that life has changed since then, would be overly dramatic and sentimental. But yes, would you have been alive and smiling, I could say my friend is there for me. Usually, time fades memories, but somehow my elephant’s memory has made a movie of that time. I keep reminiscing about you often.

You are stamped in my brain; probably you were the first loved one I ever lost. We didn’t learn or unlearn anything from you but once you left we found that you were much more than what you showed to the world.

Death is definite and I want to admit that yours came quite blunt. If you had been racing, it was easier to console ourselves but your death was another’s mistake.

A mistake that could not be undone.

I miss you :(

Khurram Ayub
8th May 1983 – 21st April 2002

0 comments: